Thursday, August 1, 2013

First day of school

My girls go back to school today. In the chaos of getting ready for school I completely forgot to send my girls to school with a little Love Note. Sigh! Bad parenting today. :( Oh well tomorrow is another day and all of my girls will be in school starting tomorrow. My oldest daughter will be in 11th grade. Yikes! Where has the time gone? Do you make any special cards for your kids to let them know about your wishes for them for the school year and encourage them to have a great school year? Do you even just send random cards in their lunches to let them know you're thinking about them? 



My little ones are starting 4th and 3rd grade today. I am excited to have them back in school as they were beginning to wear me out. I got up early and woke them up and shot down into the kitchen to make them breakfast to start off their day. They'd made their lunches the night before so all they had to do was come down and pack them up to take with them this morning. I drove them to the bus stop for pick up. They were nervous to ride the bus again after having not ridden them for the past two years. I met them at the school and dropped off all of their supplies to their classes for them. I am looking forward to all the great things they will accomplish this year.


Before I leave you I will share at little quick bit of creativity. I made this card for my dear friend who I met through the school. Both of my little ones had her as a 1st grade teacher and she's such a great person, who incidentally has a birthday one month after mine so it makes it easy to remember her birthday. 




I love this new DSP and Coastal Cabana. I'm also so excited that Crushed Curry has been put back into circulation. This was one of my favorite colors and More Mustard was my go to color when they retired Crushed Curry the first time. I used Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper and Perfectly Penned stamp set for the greeting. I love this paper and this stamp set is such a great greeting set. 




I'll have another birthday card for you tomorrow. I have several friends having birthday's coming up and I love to make them cards. 

I need to put a late card in the mail for my cousin. His birthday is today. I should have done it sooner but sometimes masculine cards can be difficult for me to do. I need to do another one for my dad too so I will get working on those tonight. They both live in Hawaii so it will probably not get there until next week and I'll have to send my dad's card out by the 10th the latest. 

Hope you have a great Thursday. Stop by and see me again soon.



No comments: