Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas?

In August? Not quite yet. As I shared yesterday I am getting my mojo going again and getting ready for the holidays by designing things that get me in the mood to stamp and craft. Craft show season is quickly approaching and I have two events on my calendar that I will need to begin crafting for shortly.

I decided to play with My Digital Studio (MDS) a little more last night. Here's what I came up with.



Simple card right? I love that you can color in certain parts of your stamps using the coloring tool on MDS. See how I colored in Christmas? You can colorize just about anything in MDS, including the DSP. I didn't need to do that for this card, but just know that it can be done if you need to do it. 

I'm still enjoying playing with the drop shadow feature. I like to have an overall shadow around the entire image rather than just 2 sides of it. I like how it makes the card look more realistic of something that was being popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals but without actually using Stampin' Dimensionals. I also love how you can take a shape and fill it in with any DSP or cardstock that you like. In this case for the banner I used the punch that's shaped like a banner, stretched it out to the size I wanted and then filled it with the paper design that I liked. Easy Peasy.

Here's a list of everything used to create this project. 

Background
     Designer Series Paper/Vintage Overlays - designer series paper/Vintage Overlays - texture 6

Embellishments
    Baker's Twine/Baker's Twine - Old Olive
    Baker's Twine/Baker's Twine - Old Olive bow
    Basic Pearls and Rhinestones/Basic Pearls and Rhinestones - rhinestone small (re-colored)
    Logo/Logo - my digital studio

Stamps
    _Designer Kits/Very Merry Twenty-Five/Very Merry Twenty-Five - very merry christmas

Punches
    Extras/Flag Punch,  Filled with: Designer Series Paper/_Designer Kits/Joyful Times - designer series paper/Joyful Times - 8
    Ornament Punch,  Filled with: Card Stock/Cherry Cobbler
    Snowflake Punch, Fill Color = 225,225,224

Photos
    Designer Series Paper/Vintage Overlays - designer series paper/Vintage Overlays - texture 11

Page 4 Supply ListEmbellishments

Hope you enjoyed this little project share today and Happy Stamping and Creating. 

No comments: