Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy Friday!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It was a busy day with lots of running around involved for my kiddos. 

I decided to play with My Digital Studio (MDS) a little bit last night instead. I don't play with it as often as I would like but I really should. I can come up with great projects using this awesome program. I figured out a few things while playing with it tonight. I'm kind of self taught. I remember reading something that basically says get in it and play with it. You can't break it. I figured out how to create shadow effects by just putting the x and y on 0. Can you see the shadowing on this card? It looks like I popped them up using dimensionals but this is a digital creation. I love how I can resize and color stamps, fill in shapes with paper and then resize them as well. Here's my creation. 


The stamps on this project are included in MDS when you purchase it. The only thing that isn't is this Designer Series Paper (DSP) that I used on this card. The paper came from Lemonade Stand the free disk that we offered during Sale-a-bration (SAB) earlier this year. The paper doesn't exactly match with the Coastal Cabana card stock but it's very close. Did you notice I colored the cupcake stamp in and faded it some to create a muted image of it on the card? 


I've been on a birthday kick. Can you tell? I just thought this looked like a birthday card when I was putting it together. I guess part of me designing birthday cards lately is that I am trying to come up with inspirational ideas for a stamp club that I have in the works. Hoping to have some ideas to present soon. 

Hope you have a great weekend. Depending on what my days look like I hope to be able to share at least one project with you this weekend, if not I will see you on Monday. Until then Happy Stamping and Creating. 

No comments: