Friday, August 2, 2013

Poppy Birthday

Good morning and Happy Friday to you! As I mentioned yesterday my youngest daughters started school yesterday. Today I sent my oldest daughter off to start the beginning of her Junior year in high school. Time sure does fly by I remember when she was just a little baby and I brought her home from the hospital. She was such a tiny little thing, of course later on she would end up being my biggest baby. 

As I promised you I would share another birthday card with you today. 



I made this card for one of my workout buddies. Last year when I started working at the elementary school I knew that just watching my diet wasn't going to be enough to help me lose weight and keep up with the kids I was going to be working with. I decided to go to the community rec center and start taking some of the fitness classes that they had to offer. I have met some amazing ladies and men while I have been going to these classes and I wanted to make her card for her birthday. Her birthday is tomorrow so I will get it to her tonight at Kettlebell class, unless she goes to cardio circuit tomorrow. 

For this card I did use some of the thin vellum. If I remember correctly we no longer carry it but we do carry the cardstock vellum which is a little bit thicker. As you've seen before I am a hoarder when it comes to Stampin' Up! products. 


The vellum and the whisper white button are the only retired products on this card. I have been trying to incorporate a lot of retired products onto my gift projects if at all possible. Above is the Pleasant Poppy Background stamp. As you can probably see, if you've been following me recently, is that I really like this stamp. I just love it, don't you? 

I also used the Fancy Fan embossing folder (127751) underneath the vellum to give it some extra added dimension. The stamped greeting comes from Label Love

This set is extremely versatile. I picked it for that reason. The fact that it has a coordinating punch made it even more desirable. 

Hope you have a great day and a great weekend. Come by and see me again on Monday. I will be working on some new projects over the weekend and hope to have them ready to share with you then. Happy Stamping and Creating!




No comments: