Monday, August 5, 2013

Not very lucky with gardening but hopefully my stamping makes up for it. :D

Happy Monday! As usual I am a little late in getting my blog off today. It's been a crazy hectic weekend. My sixteen year old and I started some plants from seeds a few weeks ago and several of them started sprouting a little over a week ago. The strawberries finally started sprouting just the other day too. Yesterday we took all the girls to go and see Pacific Rim and I had put the plants out for the day to soak in the sun. It was beautiful at the start of the day. I forgot to bring them in before we left and when I got home the poor plants were overwatered and several of them had been pelted by the hailstorm that went through here. It looked like it had snowed that's how bad it was. The hail was probably only 1/4" in size but that was still enough to cause some damage. I am really hoping the plants will survive this. I'll take some pictures later so I can share with you just how pitiful the plants look now. :( I have never had good luck with plants. I can usually start them just fine and then for whatever reason they end up dying on me. :(

To leave you with something happy though, here is my project share for the day. I got this great idea from one of our awesome demonstrators from Australia, Tanya Bell. This treat requires no cutting, once you have your paper to it's desired size. It also requires no adhesive to keep it closed. 



I met this nice lady at a craft fair in April, that I was in charge of. She contacted me last week asking me about some cute packaging ideas and I remembered this one is customizable to just about anything small. This lady sells her own handmade soaps and she puts her own labels on them. I think she was looking for something a little more though. I think this will be a great idea for her. She also sells these cute tiny square shaped soaps and we could also do a small bag for those as well. She could easily package a few of them up in a bag already and then all she'd have to do would be to pop them into a smaller holder like this one and voila, instant gift. 
As you can see I am using some retired product. Didn't I tell you I was going to make use of what I have? Since this was just a mock up project I decided to use some retired DSP instead of current DSP. This is Floral District Retired DSP. 
I used retired Lucky Limeade bakers twine as well. Everything else is current including A Round Array stamp set and the 1 1/4" scallop circle punch. I still don't have the 7/8" punch that goes with this set, but it is on my list of punches to own. 

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Monday and I also hope that you'll come back and see me soon. Tomorrow I'll share some Thank You cards that I did for my daughter to get filled out and sent off to family in Hawaii who helped her celebrate her sixteenth birthday, which fell on Father's Day this past June. Yes I know I should have had these done back in June but she was supposed to help me get them done and help me to design them. She didn't help so I designed them based on what she picked out for her butter mint decorations for the tables. You'll see what I mean tomorrow. 

Until then, Have a great day and Happy Stamping to you!


No comments: