Tuesday, August 6, 2013

No rest for the weary

This is days 3 and 4 of my girls being back in school. It's a short week thankfully, because I have a lot of things to do this week. It's my day 4 of being back to work as well. I sure did miss working with some of the great kiddos at my school. It's a challenge this year because my schedule has changed somewhat and it's taking me some time to get used to it. Tomorrow I get up and do this all over again and then Thursday only one of my daughters has testing before they both have dental appointments that afternoon.

Today I'm sharing a quick and easy card with you. I was inspired by some butter mints that were packaged in cute plastic wrappers that we picked out for my daughter's 16th birthday party back in June. I finally got around to working on her Thank You cards. Her birthday was June 16th, Father's Day and it's taken me a month and a half to do these. Yikes! Normally Thank You cards go out the week after any party that we have except this year her birthday was spent in Hawaii visiting our family there. I was able to visit so many of my family members who I haven't seen in nearly 7 years and some even longer than that. I also got to visit my mom's grave. It's important to me that I go and visit her while I am there, she was the one who got us started with stamping even before Stampin' Up! was started. I credit my love for paper and crafting to her. 

Anyway here's the card. 


Pretty simple right? We got these green wrapped butter mints as well as these black and white polka dot wrapped butter mints. I basically combined the polka dots on the green instead. Used the Thank You stamp from Perfectly Penned. I really like this set a lot, if you haven't already noticed. :D I lightly stamped the En Francais background stamp in Basic Gray under the greeting. This is one of my favorite quick and easy background techniques. Just ink up like normal and put down on paper, Don't press though. You're not going for full coverage, you'll want the image to look flawed and like it wasn't printed all the way. It's got that faded or aged look to it. 

Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday. Stop by tomorrow. I'll share a birthday card with you that I'm sending off to my dad here shortly. Happy Stamping and Creating!

No comments: