Monday, July 29, 2013

Mixing the old with the new

While I was at convention my husband notified me that his friends dad had passed away. I told him I would make him a card when I got home since we'll be seeing him on Sunday. My husband has a group of friends who he's known for over 15 years and every other Sunday we get together for game night and play a variety of different board games. So of course to say his friend is like a part of our family is a mild understatement. 

Here is the card I designed. 


 

I used the pheasant from the retired stamp set Autumn Days. I incorporated the greeting from So Sorry and also used the larger splatter patterned stamp from Gorgeous Grunge 1300514(w) 130517(c) stamp set that we received at convention. I also used a retired neutrals button I love the newly designed buttons but I loved our old ones a lot so I had an extra container hanging around when these were retired. I also used some of the twine we carried a few years back in our spring catalog. I split the twine up into thirds for this card. I used the Woodgrain (127821) background embossing folder for this card as well. I can't stress enough how much a little bit of embossing can add dimension to a card or any project. 

Come back tomorrow I have more to share with you. Until then Happy Stamping and Creating!

Update: We gave this card to our friend yesterday and my husband told me today that his friend had contacted him today and thanked him for the card and said it had a real personal touch that you don't get anymore. 

No comments: