Monday, July 22, 2013

Amazing 25th Anniversary Celebration

Convention last year was exciting. Convention this year was awesome. Sure it was a little crowded, there were almost 6000 people there. The overall excitement was definitely felt. The energy was definitely there. The display boards were full of amazing displays and all the new and wonderful products that were revealed there are awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on some of the new and wonderful things that will be coming our way in the coming months.

One of my new favorite things being offered is our new Undefined product line. If you've ever wanted to design that perfect stamp, now you can. Create your own personal logo in a stamp. How awesome would that be to get your design onto a stamp that you could use to stamp on your own letterhead or envelopes. Imagine the money you'd save by not having to pay someone else to print it all out for you. :D

When I finally get around to unpacking my bags I'll post a sample of the quick little stamp I designed and cut on my own. Until then, here is one of my favorite swap cards that I designed for convention this year. I love this little guy a lot.

He was actually my most popular card. A lot of people weren't sure they wanted this set, but after seeing my card they did. 

I originally had cut the daffodil polka dots pattern to use on an ATC swap I had been designing, If I haven't already shared this with you I tend to design on the go and in my head I create sketches that I allow to take shape on their own. Unfortunately when I was finished with the stamped part the polka dots no longer fit the design so I put it off to the side and figured I would come back to use it later. 

I haven't been a huge fan of the Daffodil Delight paper. I don't know if it's because it's too bright to me or if it's because it's yellow. Probably a combination of the two. Originally the design was going to include the Pucker Up greeting from this same set. As you can see below it's cute but I wanted to add in an additional color and yellow on yellow would just sort of drown itself out. 

I thought this stamp set was different and it was a play on words and visuals. Wasn't sure how much I would like it but I bought it because I like to be challenged. When I was visualizing the design I didn't have the set by me but then I thought I remembered seeing the bee and I had myself a little "A-ha" moment and decided on the bee. From there the design actually came together rather quickly. I decided I'd add in some black and use the honeycomb embossing folder on the black. I also wanted to use the new Chalk Talk Framelits

One thing I will recommend, since I didn't think about it ahead of time, is that if you are going to layer your frames like I did just cut them out without the holes and then after you adhere them together, then you can go ahead and use one of the pieces to put the hole in. I cut in phases so I had cut out both layers of labels separately instead of together. I learned a valuable and time saving lesson, after the fact. LOL  I'm posting my original design below. At the time I thought it was cute just like this and didn't even color his stripes but I ran out of my daffodil seam binding and couldn't find the additional roll that I knew I had. 




Thank you for stopping by. Please feel free to like my blog and share it with others and if you have any questions about anything you see here don't hesitate to contact me. 

Until next time "Happy Stamping."


No comments: