Saturday, July 27, 2013

"Love Notes" I just love them

Ever want to just create a quick little card to say Hello, Thank You, or you need a gift card? I do all the time. I love the small space it challenges me to design something great but in much less space than I would have to design a standard card.

Here are two swaps that I designed for the groups I was placed in for an organized convention swap. I love that I only needed to create 15 of each design and now I have 14 new designs from each group, in addition to my design. So now I can share 30 different unique designs with people, the best part is that down the road, when products on the card retire, I'll be able to take these and give them away because they are full sized cards.




This first card I was inspired by the Modern Medley Paper, I know I shared it with you yesterday, but I can't help myself. Isn't it just gorgeous paper? The previous card was actually inspired by this one since this was the first swap I finished. Many elements are the same. As you'll notice I also used the Silver Glitter paper here and also the Fancy Fan embossing folder. The only notable differences are that I used Blushing Bride for the greeting to give just a hint of added color. I stamped the greeting in Versarmark (102283)  and embossed with black embossing powder (109133) and heated it with our 2 heat setting heat tool (129053). I also used the Boho Blossom punch but used a different flower from it and instead of using a pearl in the center of this one, I used a rhinestone (119246) instead. I love that I can add just a little bit of bling to any project for about 3 cents a piece. Don't forget the dimensionals (104430). It's amazing how one simple little thing helps you add that extra pop to any project by giving your project that dimension and depth. At just a little over a penny a piece they really are something you want to keep on hand. 



This is the second swap card for the last group I was in. I have a hard time with bright colors on things so this card was made to challenge me. I had a ton of Daffodil Delight cardstock on hand that I have barely touched in the past few years since this color was first introduced and decided I'd create this card using it. This card was also designed before the bee card that I shared with you earlier this week. I can't believe I actually created 2 swaps built around that one color. 

Since I accidentally ordered 2 packages of the Polka Dot Parade DSP (126902) I decided to use it on this project before I decided to use it on the bee card of course. I love these little dots. They are just so cute. This is the Marina Mist Polka dotted paper. 


The backside of this DSP is just as pretty, don't you think? I also used the soda pop bottle stamp from Cycle Celebration 130270(w) 130273(c) This is such a cute stamp set. I received quite a few swaps that contained the candle on it. I also have another card that I will be sharing with you that has the Celebrate a Sweet Birthday greeting from the set as well so don't forget to come back to check it out. :D I stamped in Old Olive and used the second smallest oval from the ovals collection framelits (129381) Framelits have made my life as a stamper and crafter so much easier. 

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Stop by on Monday I have another card share for you. It's not from convention but rather a card I had to design when I got home from convention. It's a mixed old and current product card. I'm trying to get rid of products we no longer carry and so I am making a ton of cards and incorporating old product in them so that I am not "hoarding" products. How many of you hoard products? Until tomorrow, Happy Stamping and Creating!



No comments: