Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's back to school time in District 49

My daughters are on their last week of summer break if you can believe it. I am excited for them to be heading back to school. I am in my second year of being in charge of the school's Hospitality/Appreciation committee. This is nice because I get to showcase many of Stampin' Up!'s products in the cards and gifts that are given to the staff throughout the school year. I may not have shared this with you back in April during Teacher/Staff appreciation week but here are the cute little cupcake boxes and cards that we passed out to the school staff as our way of saying "Thank you, for all you do for our children." The pattern design for the cupcake box was found on Craft Project Central if you look to the right of my blog you will see a link to their website. The pattern may not be available anymore though, they change out new patterns once a full year has passed. They have awesome designers though and on occasion I will subscribe to different months to get an idea for a pattern every now and again. Check them out if you need some inspiration. Let Jacque know Samantha sent you.



 This first photo here contains the finished cupcake boxes that my 15 year old and I passed around to the entire staff at the school. 


This photo contains the cupcake filled boxes as well as the mini thank you cards that were passed out with each of the cupcake boxes. 

The teachers and staff loved the gesture and were so surprised when we came by to say hello and to thank them.

This year is no different. I get together with a group of parent and PTA volunteers and we assemble thank you and birthday cards. 

Here are a few designs for this years cards that we'll be displaying at our open house later this week. 



We always hope we never need a to send out a sympathy card but I always like to keep one on hand. Last year one of the students in my first graders class lost his mom. She left behind her husband and several of her children were students in our elementary school. It was a very sad time but our PTA Hospitality/Appreciation committee wanted to let them know we were thinking about them. 
I enjoy volunteering my time at the elementary school. It is a lot of fun and I meet a lot of great people while doing it. 

Hope you are inspired by some of these projects and get out there and start creating. 







No comments: