Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Convention Roommate Gifts

My good friend Kathy and I have turned to Skype to keep in touch with each other since she moved from Colorado Springs to Virginia. One day we were having a conversation and I mentioned how I needed to come up with a useful roommate gift for the ladies I'd be rooming with for convention. She happened to be on Stampin' Connection (Stampin' Up!'s form of Facebook for demonstrators) I usually don't go there myself because I could spend hours on there and never get any work done. She came across this great idea and shared it with me. I got a quick peek at the original and went straight to work on designing these. 






Products used:

paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Dusty Durango, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse and Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper

inks: Soft Suede

marker: Dusty Durango

miscellaneous: Clear DVD Boxes, snail, stampin' dimensionals, sticky strip, paper piercing mat and paper piercing tool. Framelits Labels

You can't see the inside of these but I used a magnetic sheet that I picked up in a 2 pack and it has a nice sticky backing to it. I had to cut off a small bit of it so that it would fit into the clear case. I thought about it afterwards but I would have put the sheet on both sides of the inside of the case so that at least 2 sets of framelits could be housed in the case. I wrapped the entire design around the clear case and used sticky strip to tack it down.

Before I left for Salt Lake City I wrapped each of them in tissue paper and let them each randomly pick a gift. They all loved it so I'm happy I was able to give them something useful and that they can use in their stamp room to keep their framelits organized.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you're having a fabulous Tuesday.

No comments: