Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Some more hauntingly cute treats

Each year I try to come up with something nice and exclusive to give to my daughters teachers for the holidays. This year was no exception. My good friend Kathy and I were on Skype sharing the different project we were working on for our kids classes and for their teachers. I shared how I still hadn't come up with an idea and she showed me what she was doing. This great little witches hat was made using our petal cone die (121810)

I embossed the pieces using the vintage wallpaper embossing folder (120175) yes there's that folder again. The I created a pull tab so that you could remove the contents of the hat and still keep the hat afterwards. So the base was made using the scallop circle die (113468). At the time I had totally forgotten about our larger circle dies.
Up close I used the rich razzleberry 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon. It just retired in June, which is kind of a bummer but any of our other great ribbons could have been substituted including cajun craze (125055) or basic black (115615)

The greeting was stamped using house of haunts (111574) and the web comes from wicked cool (120600) This was my first year using house of haunts though I've had it for a couple of years now. It saw a lot of ink this year though. I used a running stitch along one end of the ribbon and joined it together to create the finished look and then just to give that ribbon a more seamless finish I used sticky strip (104294). The greeting was stamped on whisper white using rich razzleberry and then the web was stamped in basic gray. I punched it out using the extra large oval punch (119859) and then punched out the decorative label punch in basic black to go behind it. I also used the round tab punch (119864) on the bottom to create the pull tab portion along with the bottom of the hat. That was mounted onto a 2 1/2" circle punch (120906) and I put a hole 1 3/4" big in both the bottom of the scalloped circle die and the larger of the two circles in the scallop #2 circle die (113469). The finished hats were spritzed using shimmer mist to create that nice shimmery effect.

I love using my big shot. If you're still thinking about becoming a demonstrator for the discount or to do this as a full time job or even just as a way to make a little bit of extra cash here and there and still want the big shot our big shot recruiting special has been extended through November 11th. I hope you'll take advantage of this special offer.

Till next time, Happy Stamping to you.

No comments: