Friday, October 28, 2011

Revisiting and redoing one of my favorite cards

So if you've been following me over the last 22 months you'll probably remember this seeing this card design before from my Stamper's Appreciation Night post last year. I wanted to redo it because I liked it so much and it showcases a lot of different techniques and utilizes many of my favorite products all in one place.


So this is the new card that I did:


.


There are a few things I changed up on this new card. For one thing the card itself is made using more neutral tones. The card base is Naturals Ivory(102316) card stock. If you like paper that you can see natural flecks of material in it, then this paper is for you. I took another piece of the naturals ivory and used that for the main part of the card. I tore off a section off the bottom. Then I sponged on the fluer de lis, from the elegant trio (118262) decor stencil, crumb cake classic ink. I then stamped the smaller vines stamp from Elements of Style (120045) in river rock. The last stamp used comes from the stamp set Charming (125829), and was stamped in early espresso. I randomly stamped these onto the piece of card stock. After that was completed I ran the entire piece through the big shot using the vintage wallpaper embossing folder (120175). Then used the distressing too,l from the cutting kit (106958), and distressed all of the edges including the ripped edge. After that the entire piece was sponged in early espresso and the torn edge I rolled towards the inside of the card to give it a more finished look. Two of the corners have champagne glass glitter (120997) added to them using crystal effects. Once the glitter dried I tied a knot on the card using the 3/8" quilted satin ribbon in early espresso(124104). You can currently find this item in our holiday mini catalog. It's really nice. If you like it I recommend getting it now while we still offer it as I can't guarantee it will available again after December 31st.

I then took a piece of river rock card stock and punched it using the scallop edge border punch (119882). That was tacked down using snail and the main piece was applied over it using dimensionals.

Next I punched a 1 3/8" circle using in early espresso and stamped a greeting on naturals ivory using the same stamp from charming but this time stamped it in river rock. Then I stamped the thank you greeting from the teeny tiny wishes set (115370). If you don't already own this set, you really should. It is probably the best and most versatile greeting set that we offer and it's perfect for every occasion. I punched the greeting out using the 1" circle punch (119868) and sponged the edges in early espresso. Then it was mounted onto the early espresso punched piece using dimensionals(104430). I punched a hole using the crop-a-dile (108362) and tied a piece of linen thread (104199) through it and tied it onto the early espresso ribbon. I added additional dimensionals on the back of this circle to secure it to the card.

To finish the card off I spritzed it using shimmer mist made using a combination of frost white (116854) and champagne (116806) shimmer paints with rubbing alcohol.

Hope you enjoyed seeing my redo of one of my favorite cards. These cards went out to recent guests and customers from a workshop held in September. I hope they enjoyed these cards as much as I enjoyed making them.

Come back again soon for more great stamping ideas.

Till next time, Happy Stamping!






No comments: