Monday, November 14, 2011

Workshop card #2

So yesterday I shared a card with you that I designed for my latest workshop. Here is the first card that I designed for the same workshop. I saw a video for this beautiful paper bow technique and I knew I had to incorporate it into my next project, which at the time was going to be this workshop card.

I love early espresso so I used that as the base of the card. One of the ladies at the workshop asked how one would go about writing in the card if it was a dark color. Here are a few suggested options, in case you're wondering as well. 1) Use a gel pen that has opaque pigment in it or at least a white gel pen if anything. 2) Sharpie or the generic equivalent to it offers a marker that comes in at least silver. Also if not look for the gold or silver pens that students use on their senior photos those work great as well.

The next part of the card was really easy. Again as you can see I used an embossing folder, if you want to give any project that extra added pop or zing the embossing folders for the Big Shot are ideal. This is the petals of plenty (116824) embossing folder. I embossed about 2/3 of the whisper white piece so that the upper part of the card would be embossed. Next I stamped the greeting from the new Hand Penned Holidays (124312) stamp set found in the holiday mini in real red. Next I punched out a piece of early espresso card stock using the ribbon border (119275). That piece was then adhered above the greeting. Next I took a 3/4" x 4" strip of the Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the Holly Berry Bouquet (124004) also found in the holiday mini. I cut one end like a flag and then applied sticky strip to both the front and back sides of the piece. I peeled off the back piece and stuck it on the card above the ribbon border punch.  I peeled off the front piece of sticky strip and then I took the piece of 3/4"x12" DSP in that same design and created the paper ribbon by weaving the paper back and forth as I created the paper loops. Then I created the yoyo or lolly or medallion, it all depends on who you ask as to what they call them. I punched a 1"x8 1/2" of real red card stock using the scallop trim (118402) border punch and scored it in 1/4" increments. I attached the ends using sticky strip and then sealed it using a dollop of hot glue. To finish off the medallion I took a wild wasabi button from the holly berry bouquet designer buttons pack (125636) and  tied a bow using linen thread (104199) then adhered it using a dab of hot glue. The last part to this card was to spritz it with shimmer mist created with frost white shimmer paint (116854) and alcohol. Shimmer mist is a great way to add shimmer and glitter to any project without having to worry about it getting all over the place. One of the ladies exclaimed how much she loved glitter that night, as she was happily spritzing her card.


Well I hope you enjoyed this newest card and I hope to see you again soon. I have a few other projects that I'll be sharing with you soon so don't forget to stop on by.

Till then, Happy Stamping.

No comments: