Saturday, November 5, 2011

Square chocolate treat holders

I got this idea from a fellow stamper friend, Kimberley Morris, a couple of years ago and stumbled across this swap that I'd done of hers just recently as I was sorting through the swaps that I've done over the years. Every so often I like to look through them to get inspired. Also I have a bag of Ghiradelli chocolate squares that needed a cute little receptacle to display them in.

This project only uses a 3"x8" piece of card stock to create the base and you score at 3 3/4" and 4 1/4". I like it because it's super simple and fairly quick to put together and they are super cute.

 I pulled out one of my favorite stamp sets Cottage Garden (120003). This color combination struck me as something I wanted to try so I used old olive, more mustard and poppy parade. Everything was stamped using these colors and I really like the way they work together.

First I punched out the front section of this project using the word window punch (119857). I stamped the tag and used the large tag punch (119876).

 I used the larger end of the crop-a-dile (108362) to punch two holes in the top of it. I tied a piece of 1/2" stitched poly ribbon in poppy parade (119263). I punched the large tag punched piece with the smaller end of the crop-a-dile and then I put a piece of linen thread (104199) through it. before tying it to the ribbon
Then I stamped the greeting and flowers using the same colors and markers in the same colors. The greeting was mounted onto more mustard and then popped up using stampin' dimensionals (104430).

The nice thing about this project is that there are a few different brands of chocolates that could be used. I just happen to use these because they're my favorite. ;)












Hope you enjoyed this little treat. Don't forget to come back next weekend when I show you the rest of the card that you got the little sneak peak of. I'll also share the rest of the workshop projects with you then.

Till next time, happy Stamping!

No comments: