Sunday, November 13, 2011

Workshop project card revealed

Okay so about a week ago I posted that picture that had the 25 on it. Here is the long awaited rest of the card.

I really wanted to highlight the Christmas Collage (121279) background stamp that I bought last year and used all of once. For some reason I had to have it but I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with it last year.

This is a gate card so it opens up like a door or a gate would. I kept the color combination very simple and classic in design. The main base is Naturals Ivory, my absolutely favorite paper. I cut two cherry cobbler panels and embossed them using the Vintage wallpaper (120175) Those were stuck straight down onto the doors using snail. Then I stamped the Christmas Collage background stamp onto the piece of naturals ivory cut for the front. I punched a 1 3/4" circle (119850) out of cherry cobbler card stock and then went back over that cut circle using the 2 3/8" scallop circle (118874) to create that scallop circle ring that is popped up over the 25 using stampin' dimensionals.
I stamped the Merry Christmas using the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370) If you don't already own this set you need to get it. It's amazing how often I use this set. I punched it out using the word window (119857) and then punched out a piece of cherry cobbler using the modern label (119849) punch and mounted the greeting onto it using snail. Next I popped that up using dimensionals and put it in the rectangular box on the background stamped piece. Lastly a piece of old olive satin ribbon (117292) was tied into a knot bow over the 25.

The last part of the card was stuck onto the left panel door of the card and voila there you have it.

Hope you enjoyed the finished project as much as I did making it. I love this card a lot.

Come back tomorrow and I'll have another card sample that I came up with for my workshop yesterday.

Till then, happy stamping.

No comments: