Monday, August 2, 2010

Vintage Two tags gift tag holder

Continuing on with my vintage/antique demonstration projects here is another one. The idea came from a design by Jacque Craig of Craft Project Central. I did a project similar to this one last year that was designed by my up line Kimberly Van Diepen. Papers and colors used have been changed up as much of the product used in the original piece has been retired.

So here is my creation. Hope you like it.




The base of the project is done in Early Espresso, my new favorite neutral color, besides Chocolate Chip and Soft Suede. I used some of the Love Letter DSP (117162) I fell in love with this sheet of paper before I could even order it. The paper itself was pretty bland but I love the fact that I can stamp on it to add color and dimension to it. I used the flowers from the Razzle Dazzle set (116714). I inked it first in Riding Hood Red and used the rock and roll technique to ink it up in Basic Black ink. I stamped it 4 times in each of the 4 corners and after I was done with that I took the Crumb Cake ink pad and dragged it across the paper to achieve the desired aged look that I was looking for. After I mounted it onto Basic Black card stock and then added the flip side of the DSP in the hounds tooth pattern and applied it about an inch from the bottom. The top was tied off with Victoria Crochet Trim (118481) and added one of our Vintage Trinkets safety pins (118764) into the knot.

Here is the scallop part of the box front up close:




I punched out the scallop circle in basic black and attached a 1 3/4" circle punched out of Riding Hood Red on top. Then I colored in the circle stamp from Matchbox Messages (113800) using Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake Stampin' Write markers and stamped it onto Naturals Ivory card stock then I punched it out using the 1 1/4" circle punch. When I had that part assembled I flipped the scallop circle over and use snail on the back to create the ruffled edge around it using the Victoria (118481) Crochet Trim. I love our new Crochet trim. They are absolutely fantastic.

These are the tags that go into the bag:

The originals are kind of plain since I didn't use the aging technique on the scalloped tags before I put them together. I demonstrated these at our meeting on Saturday though and decided that I would age those. They turned out much better. I find there is a bigger difference in taking a sponge to ink up a project then to use an actual ink pad on the project instead. If you haven't already tried it I recommend it the next time you stamp.

The tags are all cut from the Two Tags Bigz die (115954) I love this die it is super versatile and there is a lot you can do with it. I also used the Lots of Tags sizzlits die (114508) after stamping out the greetings from Matchbox Messages (113800). I also used our pewter jumbo eyelets (108432) and more of the Victoria Crochet Trim.

Hope you enjoyed. Till next time, happy stamping.

No comments: