Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Monogram Matchbox

Oops I think i may have skipped a day. You'll have to forgive me. The past day and half has been rather hectic and today was no exception. I was up till 2 working on a few things and spending some quiet time watching some tv with my hubby. Our 2 oldest daughters started back at school today. Our oldest is in the 8th grade and our middle daughter is in the first grade. Our baby starts school tomorrow and she'll be in Kindergarten. I am looking forward to a quiet house and the freedoms and responsibilities that come with that alone time. For one thing I can focus on my business more and I can get out and meet more people, especially people of the adult variety. Of course the house should be a lot easier to maintain since I won't have kids in the house all hours of the day.

For today's project I used the Matchbox die. I think it is a really nice die to own. I've created cute little party favors using them, not to mention that when it first came out it was during our 2009 spring mini catalog period and it was so close to Easter. I came up with a little bunny and chick that stood up. I suppose I could have filled them with candy but they were just really cute when they stood up.



I used Crumb Cake card stock for the drawer part of the matchbox. The lid part was cut out from the new Love Letter Designer Series Paper (DSP) 117162. I used the Victoria Crochet Trim(18481) to tie a bow around the lid. then I decided it needed something. So of course I reached into my new Neutrals designer buttons (119743) and grabbed an Early Espresso one. I tied it up using linen thread (104199) and then I used the 1 1/4" circle punch (119861) to cut out a piece of Early Espresso card stock. Then I stamped in Riding Hood Red Classic ink onto Naturals Ivory card stock using the Monogram Sweet (115462) Of course I had to use an S for my initial because at the time I had no idea what other letter to use. I punched that out using the 1" circle punch (119868) Then I punched a hole through both using the crop-a-dile (108362) then finished it off using the linen thread that had been pulled through the button. So simple.

Of course the matchbox couldn't be left empty now could it? Of course not!

.

I used some leftover scrap from the Love Letter DSP and wrapped it around 2 pieces of Ghiradelli chocolate squares, you can also use Hershey's squares since they're the same size. I tied it up in a little bow and stuck it in the box. I didn't realize till now that the candies are upside down so you can't see the little bow, but you get the idea.

Getting back to the outside of the box itself. I was tired of doing all of my projects with only the neutral colored crochet trim so I pulled out my new Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker (119680) I rubbed the marker along the crochet trim to give it some color. You can still see some of the neutral underneath but I think it added to the project some.

Thanks for stopping by today. Tomorrow I hope to finish off this series with a card that I came up with as well. Till then Happy Stamping!

No comments: