Wednesday, October 26, 2011

How's about a little impromptu wedding card?

Now this card may look familiar to those of you who are my friends on Facebook. If you're not it's not a big deal because I'm sharing it here now.

As you may remember I was working a local craft show over the weekend. Friday night after I got one from the first day of selling I checked our home phone and heard a message from my husbands friend. The message wasn't for him it was for me. He was looking to see if I'd be willing to make a card for his friends wedding the following morning. Knowing I had left almost all of my supplies at the craft show to work on projects during the day on Saturday I let him know I could get it done but not till the following morning and I wasn't going to be at the craft show till sometime after 8 am when they let us in to the facilities to get ready for the days events. Panic did set in for a few minutes. I went to bed Friday night almost certain I could get the card done before 9 am when we opened for business. The following project was created in under 15 minutes. Not too bad for a card on the fly, if you know what I mean.


I do apologize for the poor quality of the photo. The lighting in the gym was inadequate to say the least. 

So for this card I dug out my shimmery white paper (101910). I don't use it often but I think it adds a hint of elegance to any wedding card. I could have shimmer misted any color of card stock but I wanted to have a clean look to it. I decided to go with the silver and white combination for this card. After I picked out the paper I cut it to the size I wanted and dry embossed it using the elegant lines (119277) embossing folder in the big shot (113439). I then added our self adhering basic pearls (119247) into the embossed design where I thought it would add that little extra something to it.  I then stamped in versamark (102283) using the "Congratulations" greeting from the stamp set Wedding Sweet (115466) Then I embossed it using our silver embossing powder (109131) and our heat tool (100005). After this I used some retired silver organdy ribbon (I don't know why we stopped selling this stuff it's gorgeous) and tied a knot on the card. Then I matted this onto a piece of our silver waffle paper (120984), which is sold in a 2 pack with gold waffle paper. To finish it off I used dimensionals (104430) on the waffle paper and stuck it to the card and viola! My quick impromptu card. I was done in way less time than I thought it would take and was pleased with the finished product.

Come back soon. I'll be sharing a couple of my spooky treats from my halloween treats class earlier this month. If you missed out, don't make that mistake and miss out on the Holiday treats class for Christmas coming up soon. Keep an eye out for it in my class schedule. I can guarantee they'll be as cute, if not cuter than my spooky treats are.

Till then, happy stamping!

No comments: