Monday, July 30, 2012

Convention Swaps

So being that this was my first year to attend convention I probably went a little over board with the swaps that I did. I think in total I created about 165 pieces for either roommate gifts, team gifts, team WOW swaps and upper level team ATC (artist trading card swaps) card front and 3D swaps. Here is the first swap design I came up with in early June. 



I was so anxious and excited you'd think it was my first ever event. It was my first convention but I have been to a couple of Stampin' Up! regional events in the past. I enjoy swapping with others for ideas. Quite a few of my sales of stamp sets I don't personally own have come from designs of others. I share all of my swaps with customers because even if I might not like a particular set or can't see it as being a style I could pull off, it doesn't mean a customer might feel the same way.

So for this swap card I didn't have a whole lot on hand yet. It was the beginning of June and my order had just been placed and I wasn't going to get it for a couple of days so I used what I had on stock that was current and also really cute. I loved the chevrons so I built my card around the Designer Series Paper. 






Supplies used:
Summer Smooches DSP
Lucky Limeade card stock
Whisper White card stock
Chocolate Chip card stock
Chocolate Chip Ink 
Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker
Real Red Stampin' Write Marker
Lucky Limeade Stampin' Write Marker
Hostess Stamp set A Cherry On Top
Decorative Label Punch
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch
Square Lattice Embossing Folder


Funny how I was attracted to the chevron pattern, which is making it's way back into crafting again. I remember it was about 10 or 11 years ago and chevrons were all the rage in scrapbooking. I used them on quite a few of my layouts back in those days. Imagine my surprise when I received my first ever convention bag and it was a chevron pattern and in my new favorite color, Summer Starfruit!





Isn't this bag awesome? LOL It doesn't go too well with the awesome pattern of the floor at the Salt Palace Convention Center but it is still a beautiful bag and I love it!

Hope you are enjoying your Monday.

Stop by again soon, maybe even tomorrow, and I might be ready to show you another design that I came up with and swapped while I was there.

No comments: