Sunday, April 17, 2011

So much time to stamp, so little time to blog

I've been slacking on my blog posting. I do apologize. I have been busy though and I have a lot to share with you. I promise I'll be updating more over the next few days. I've been busy with a lot of projects and cards lately. Firstly I'll start by showing you the recent cards I gave out to customers who ordered from the last workshop I demonstrated for. Though this card contains a lot of elements the design is super simple and easy to recreate.

I created this card to inspire one of the customers from this workshop. She ordered the Love Letter Designer Series Paper (117162) and she also ordered the
Thank You Kindly stamp set (111700) This year it was offered for free after spending $50 per order during Sale-a-bration. Love Letter is one of my favorite paper designs as it is so versatile and goes with just about anything. Besides using the Love Letter paper I also used naturals ivory, basic black and very vanilla card stock. The only color ink that I used was basic black classic ink. I used the 1 1/2" basic black striped grosgrain ribbon (115615) and cut it in half to create a more aged and delicate look to the ribbon. I love the way this ribbon frays on one edge too after it is cut. The punches that were used are the 2 1/2" circle (120906), 2 3/8" scallop circle (118874), 1 3/4" circle punch (119850), 2 step bird punch (117191) and the decorative label punch (120907)




To finish it off I added a 2mm basic pearl (119247) and I tied a piece of linen thread (104199) and included a safety pin from vintage trinkets (118764)

Though I don't have a picture of the inside I stamped a personalized poem that I got from my good friend Holle, the poem says "Recycle this card, Brighten someone's day. Add your own greeting, Send it on it's way. I made it using one of our personalized stamps in the Tailored 4 line design. In an effort to help in recycling cards and sharing the love of card-making with others this is a great way to do it. My customers were happy to pass their cards along and do what the poem says. Our personalized stamps are awesome because you can customize how many lines you have and what they'll say.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend before Easter. I know I am and I'm getting ready to work on Easter cards tonight and have them in the mail by Wednesday. Stop by again tomorrow for the next look into what I've been up to recently.

No comments: