Monday, April 18, 2011

Shimmery Wedding

I needed to make a wedding card for my husband's cousin and I wanted something pretty and elegant and shimmery all over.

Here's what I came up with:
I decided I'd use the shimmery white paper (101910) I'd purchased over a year ago. I'm a paper hoarder if I haven't already mentioned this to you. I cut a piece of the shimmery white paper 1/4" shorter on both sides and ran that piece through the big shot using the elegant bouquet textured impressions embossing folder (118964) Then to enhance the embossed flowers I used the 4mm basic rhinestones (119246) After I was done I punched two holes using the crop-a-dile (108362) into the paper at a diagonal. One is about an inch from the right and about half an inch down and the second hole is about an inch down from the right corner and half an inch in. I used this to feed our baja breeze seam binding ribbon (122331) This is still available through
the end of this month so don't forget to order some if you haven't already. There's no guarantee it will still be available after the 30th. I popped this part up using stampin' dimensionals (104430)

To finish this off I stamped the greeting from the wedding sweet set (115466) in baja breeze punched it out using the 1 3/4" oval punch (119855) and glued that down to another punched piece using the scallop oval (119856) Then I popped those up using dimensionals. To match the card I spritzed a very vanilla envelope using shimmer mist made with frost white shimmer paint (116854) and 70% rubbing alcohol. I love shimmer mist because it provides the shine and glimmer that you can get from glitter but without the mess. I still love my glitter though.

Hope you're enjoying your Monday. Come back tomorrow for another treat. Happy stamping till then and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: