Thursday, April 21, 2011

Didn't I tell you I was busy?

Give me a day and I'll forget to post. I had good intentions of posting yesterday but life made its presence known. My little ones were home sick yesterday and both are home again today. It's nice having them home and playing doctor mom with them but work does need to get done. So today I'm posting another pretty little card I made. I am going to change up this card some to make a notecard set for my sister later on. She travels to and from Japan often to dance hula. I worried a lot about my family in Hawaii, as that is my home, and I always worry whenever there are tsunami warnings.

So anyway onto today's card:

I started with a piece of whisper white card stock just slightly larger than the stamp I'd be using. Then I cut out a piece of our paper vellum (101839) I prefer to use this vellum over the card stock vellum for this particular project. I then stamped the background stamp from the Fresh Cuts stamp set (111634) and stamped onto the vellum using stazon ink in black (101406) After stamping that I then stamped the geisha stamp from Dream Gardens (114395) in versamark (102283) then embossed using gold embossing powder (109129) To hold the piece down I stuck a mini glue dot (103683) right behind the geisha. I punched two holes using the crop-a-dile (108362) and punched that right at the top through the piece of whisper white card stock and paper vellum. Then I tied it off with a piece of real red satin ribbon (117286) Next I punched a strip long the same height as the whisper white piece and punched it out using the dotted scallop ribbon border punch (119275) I used some snail and mounted this to the backside of the white so that just a small section of the bumps are showing on the left side. Then this entire piece was mounted onto real red card stock slightly bigger than the whisper white and used stampin' dimensionals (104430) to pop them up onto the piece of real read. I took a smaller piece of whisper white stamped for you from the fresh cuts stamp set as well and stamped in versamark and embossed in gold. Then I stamped the small flower, also from fresh cuts and stamped it in real read. I stamped off first so the red is not so bright. Then to finish it off I put a gold brad (104337) in the center. I did the same trick with the dotted scallop ribbon border punch and punched a small section to put under the white before mounting it to the real red card stock with dimensionals. After I was done with this I put dimensionals on the back of all the pieces and placed them onto the card front. I did use basic black card stock with the intent that she could either write in them using one of those gold pens commonly used for graduation photos or a white gel pen. Either one would give a nice stark contrast. Of course I am redoing this design a little and using the fresh cuts notes (111882) instead and will play around with the look a bit before I make the gift set. I love to play with our stamps and incorporate multiple sets together.

Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday. I was just reminded that tomorrow the kids don't have school, it's an in service day for the teachers. I hope to have time to post more tomorrow but it may have to wait till after the weekend is over. I still have quite a few Easter/Spring cards that still need working on and I am sort of getting bored with looking at them already.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: