Saturday, November 13, 2010

Workshop fun

I demonstrated for my first workshop in months this past Thursday. My hostess had never been to a Stampin' Up! workshop before so she was extremely excited to see what we have to offer. I demonstrated how to create a quick and easy hand sanitizer gift. The finished product was similar to the one displayed here:





This little cutie holds a mini hand sanitizer. Since it was a cupcake scented sanitizer I thought why not put a cupcake on the front of the box. These hand sanitizers come from Bath and Body Works. Cute huh? I first learned how to make these from my upline and good friend Kimberly's blog.

Supplies used for hand sanitizer:

Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler and Pretty in Pink card stock
1/8" Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon
Sizzix Embossing Folders Square Lattice and Perfect Polka Dots


After demonstrating this little gem to give to my hostess we began working on the project of the evening. I found the idea for this at Splitcoaststampers.com. It was a featured project and I thought it was really cute. It incorporated both a 3-D design and card-making. I modified the original pattern a little bit and here is what we made:


The box on the side holds 5 Herhey's nuggets perfectly. The pocket on the right makes a good spot to hold a gift tag. What a great gift to give to a teacher, co-worker, or someone special. I am picturing these as thank you's for wedding, birthday, anniversary party etc. as well. The tag below fits nicely into the pocket and you can still write a little note on the backside.





I have a couple of other designs of this box and will post those soon.

Supplies used for treat box:

Soft Suede card stock
Deck the Halls designer series paper

Supplies used for tag:

Naturals Ivory and Always Artichoke card stock
Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede and Always Artichoke classic ink
Cherry Cobbler Big Designer Button from the Deck the Halls set
Victoria 5/8" crochet trim
Antique Brass Jumbo eyelet

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: