Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Original Treat box sample

So here is the last installment of my treat box samples. I am sure by now you are probably a little bored with looking at these. Not to despair. I will be back tomorrow with a whole new series of great little projects that you too can create.

For today I have the original box and tag that I came up with for my most recent workshop. Again once you have the base for the idea you can let your imagination run wild and come up with just about anything and everything you can think of.

Take a look and see:






Have you fallen in love with
the paper from the Deck the Halls Designer series yet? If you have and would like to order some make sure you do so before January 3rd.






















So this is the two of them side by side. They go so well together. If you haven't also noticed by now I love things that look aged or antique. It's a far cry from where I was many years ago. I hadn't found the look of antique to be inspiring. Maybe it could just be I hadn't been shown the right technique yet.






This is the tag I came up with. As you might be able to see I decided to cut out the medallion stamp from the Day of Gratitude stamp set out instead to give the project a little lift. It is probably a little more layered than it should be, especially for the little pocket I need to squeeze it into. I used the rock and roll technique on the medallion in Always Artichoke and Soft Suede for the edges. I also sponged the edges of the medallion in Soft Suede after I cut it out.








Products used on box:
Soft Suede textured card stock and Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper

Products used on tag:
Naturals Ivory and Always Artichoke card stock
Always Artichoke, Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler ink, Chocolate Chip ink for antique edging of tag.
Day of Gratitude and Grateful Greetings stamp sets
Linen Thread
Deck the Halls big designer buttons
scallop circle punch
Antique Brass jumbo eyelet
Victoria 5/8" crochet trim

Thanks again for stopping by.

No comments: