Saturday, June 26, 2010

Monkey's on a box

So I told you I was busy with baby showers didn't I? I have another great friend that I've known since grade school and she and I found each other about a year ago and reconnected through Facebook. We found out we both moved from our small town in Hawaii to Colorado and we live about 76 miles away from each other. I offered to help her create unique baby shower announcements for her shower. I came up with a few samples for her to choose from and the final one was this made with the little monkey from Fox and Friends. I am so happy this set is not retiring and has made it into our new catalog. I thought I would make a box to put the cards in afterwards, just wanted to test out my box making skills a little more so here'swhat I came up with:


















Just to customize them to the baby's room I asked her what the nursery looked like. She said it was more sophisticated with blues and browns. I love to use Bashful blue and since blue's and browns go well together I decided to use Soft Suede as well and very vanilla on the cards. I used the diamond patterned textures plate on the background and spritzed each sheet with shimmer mist before running it through the Big Shot. I finished it off with a few brads and stamped the greeting in Very Vanilla Craft ink.

Here is a close up of the box lid, I love these little monkeys.

I used the tree and leaves from another favorite stamp set, Season of Friendship. I stamped the trees down on the box first and then stamped them out again on Very Vanilla, cut them out and then popped them up over the other trees. The Old Olives Leaves were stamped directly over the trees on the box and then the leaves in Certainly Celery were individually stamped and cut out to be popped up onto the tree. After I was done placing the leaves where I wanted them I stamped the monkeys out in Soft Suede and cut each of them out as well. The banner was spritzed in shimmer mist after "rock-a-bye baby" was stamped on it using Soft Suede. This greeting comes from the retiring set Nursery Necessities. If you like this set you still have a few days to order it before it goes away forever.

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and I will post some new ideas soon. Been working on some things for the Falcon Days/Falcon Festival being held 4th of July weekend on Saturday out here in Falcon just off Stapleton Road. Come stop by and say hello if you happen to be in this part of town. Come say hello to me and my friends.

Happy Stamping

No comments: