Friday, June 18, 2010

Scrapbooking on canvas


So this is a fun technique I learned how to do . Instead of scrapbooking on a page that goes directly in to a book why not scrapbook directly onto a canvas instead. This is so much fun. It's super easy and the longest part of the whole thing is actually allowing for the paint to dry, pun intended.

I learned to make these from a fellow demonstrator and good friend Christy, who learned it from our fabulous upline Kimberly. I really have learned from the best and I am so grateful that I have been blessed to know both of them. We're bidding a fond farewell to Kimberly as she moves across the country. It is however not a forever goodbye but more an until we meet again goodbye.

I took this photo of my girls last year when we hiked up to the top of Seven Falls. It was a rainy day and the girls were drenched but I wanted to remember the beautiful hike we had up to the top and thought it would be perfect for this canvas. The paper is a retired paper in Red Riding Hood Red. The ribbon is our 1" double stitched chocolate chip grosgrain which is retiring on July 1. I haven't checked our last chance lists so it may already be gone. I tend to say goodbye to the last chance list iems when they are announced and will use only what I have left and won't buy anymore of that particular item, especially because I have never been disappointed when the new catalog comes out. The letter and circle were cut from long board chipboard pieces that we sell. Both were inked in craft inks and embossed with clear embossing powder. I used both Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip inks. I tied it off with linen thread through the bow so that it gives it a little motion and will dangle from the canvas. The stencil in the background comes from our Definitely Decorative home decor line and is Kind Thoughts Brocade (S) Item number 116572. Stencils add great definition to not only your walls but they look fabulous on cards and canvases alike.

I have another canvas class listed on my Stampin' Up! website for the month of July http://samanthamalchow.stampinup.net Check it out if you're interested.

No comments: