Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Super easy easel cards

Okay so they look complicated at first but once you get the hang of them you’ll be amazed at how quick and easy it is to put an easel card together. I found photo tutorial first that showed me how to make a 4x4 easel card using 1/3 of a piece of 12x12 card stock. I tried that one out and it’s cute but a little smaller than I’d like. For some reason an extra quarter of an inch makes a difference.


I’m always looking for new ideas and things to try. This was something that caught my eye and I wondered if I could do it. Besides the shoebox swap that I just completed I thought I’d make some cards to send to my grandparents and aunt as a way to let them know I was thinking of them and I hope it will brighten their day while they read it and afterwards when it’s set up for them to see it.



















This first card I made for my aunt. She was always like a second mom to me and I love her dearly. I used the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set. It’s a double mounted stamp set so it works out perfectly for another card I’ll show you shortly. I love melon mambo It’s a very pretty and bright pink color and I thought I would use it on this wonderful little card. The base is close to cocoa card stock. I made the vase on the card using the ornament punch. I just trim off the bottom edge a little bit and voila it’s now a vase. To make the vase even fancier I emboss it in the finial press embossing folder first and then I sponged the embossed areas to bring attention to it more.


This next card is for my tutu (grandma).


















Tutu loves the color purple. I do like the way the perfect plum and pale plum work so well together. I really hope she enjoys her card. I don’t send cards out very often, however I have just made a promise to myself that I will t

ry to send out least 3-5 cards a month. I hope to send out more. Even if it’s just a card to say hello.


This last card I had to make a little more manly looking. It’s for my grandpa.

















I also used the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set. This time instead of using the floral branch I flipped to the other side of this double mounted block and there was this beauty of a tree. I thought I would keep it simple and not so frilly. I didn’t like it at first but the more I looked at it the more I fell in love with it.


This last easel card was made for a friend. I’d made another card for her for when she has her baby but I wanted to make one to give to her with the gift I was unable to give since her baby shower was the same day as our last demo meeting and I found out about it long after I’d made a commitment do demonstrate products at our meeting in February. I felt bad that I wasn't able to go so I made up for it by getting some really cute outfits and a few other necessities along with making this cute little guy to go with the whole package.




















Don’t you just love this little turtle? He comes from the Fox and Friends stamp set in our occasions mini catalog. He might not be in our next idea and catalog book that comes out in July so if you like him you might want to get him now. The greeting comes from the Fundamental phrases stamp set. Hello is by itself on a stamp and baby actually come from the stamp that says New Baby. Of course I just colored only the baby part of the stamp and omitted the word New. The large scallop circle comes from the Scallops circle #2 die. The larger green circle was cut using my circle scissor and the small circle was from the circles die and is the largest sized circle. I also used a couple of stamps from the Circle Circus stamp set to tie it all in together.


I hope I was able to inspire you with these little creations.


Thanks again for stopping by. Till next time.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

The cards r nice.....can't wait to c them when they come in......