Friday, March 2, 2012

Recapping another swap card from San Antonio

So this next card is actually my WOW! card. If you remember my last post you'll remember I discussed layers and looking at the card and saying "Wow, I've got to have that set!" I didn't like this one either after i started passing out my third card. I'll include that one as well seeing as the two cards are very similar.

 This is my Wow! card. It's still missing something but at the time I thought it was good enough. I love this new stamp set Apothecary Art (125527). This is a good time for me to remind you that the codes I provide are for our clear mount stamps. We do still carry everything in wood, but for storage purposes I prefer the clear mount since they take up about half the amount of space of a traditional wood storage case. Getting back to the Apothecary Art stamp set. I think one of the biggest reasons I like it so much is because I use it to easily frame up just about any greeting and it adds just the right amount of stamping without having to go overboard. Plus it also allows me to play with my watercolor wonder crayons and who doesn't like to color? The card itself is pretty simple but it's layered with lots of dimensionals. I always say that using dimensionals gives any project that extra something without costing that much to assemble. The cost comes when I try to mail one of these babies. ;) I used some of my other favorite accessories, ie our dazzling details (124117), Basic Rhinestones (119246) and seam binding ribbon. This is crumb cake (122332). When the seam binding first came out we only offered it in a few colors. Every time I called in to Stampin' Up! at the end of the call I would make sure whoever I talked to knew just how much I loved our seam binding and that I hoped they would make it a permanent staple in the next catalog. I used the finial press embossing folder (115963) for the background. This is another one of my favorite things to use. I am a huge fan of embossing for texture and dimension on my projects and our embossing folders get the job done.

Other products used are Rich Razzleberry card stock, ink  and watercolor crayon. old olive watercolor crayon, basic gray ink and crumb cake card stock. The greeting comes from the wooden set Wedding Sweet (115466) Framelits label collection (125598) Shimmer mist spritz made with rubbing alcohol and frost white shimmer paint (116854)

Now for my not WOW! card that I should have picked for my WOW! They do say hindsight is 20/20 right?

So as you can see the cards look very similar. The biggest differences between the two cards are that I had run out of seam binding ribbon, I had only intended to make 10 WOW! cards so I needed to come up with something for this card so that it didn't look so blah! I added a strip of rich razzleberry and punched a piece of crumb cake card stock on either end to create the scallop using the Scallop trim border punch (118402)

For this one I used Basic Pearls (119247) instead, and only highlighted either end of the greeting. Using the rich razzleberry crayon I highlighted the border of the frame and drew color to both the outside and inside of the frame to give it additional razzleberry color. The finished look gives it that real antiquish sort of look to it don't you think?

Well I hope to get caught up on my blog. I've been busy stamping and slowly organizing my house. It's almost spring so I'm doing a little bit of early spring cleaning. I hope to at least be able to post my valentine's day card and anniversary cards for my husband that I made for my husband within the next week too. Tomorrow I'll take a stamping day for myself, after I figure out what kind of birthday card I want to make for my daughters friends birthday. I am thinking of making them each a little card to go with the gift they're giving. My biggest challenge is that the card is for a boy. I have 3 girls so most of the time everything I make is cutesy. I'll post that eventually too. Who knows maybe I'll post it out of order.

Till next time thanks for stopping by to read my crazy rantings and look at my projects. I'm sure you'd rather look at the projects more than anything else. Happy Stamping to you!

No comments: