Thursday, January 28, 2010

Very Vintage

I absolutely love Vintage stuff. I don't know why, maybe it's because it seems like a time where life was a lot simpler. Architecture and art really looked like something recognizable. It could also be that I love it more now because Stampin' Up! came out with some new vintage stamps that are to die for.

Here's some of my favorite new cards using our new Vintage Vogue stamp set.


For the first card I stamped very vanilla craft ink onto kraft card stock using the Bella Toile background stamp. Next I made a border using a piece of real red card stock that i punched with the Scallop trim border punch, from the new Sale-a-bration catalog. I then mounted a strip of Sending love DSP(Designer Series Paper) onto the border punched strip. To finish off this edge I mounted the border strip to very very vanilla card stock and used the paper piercing tool to create the stitched looking border.

For the flowers I stamped each one onto very vanilla card stock using the flower from the Vintage Vogue stamp set. I cut out each flower, curled up the petals and pushed pretty in pink corduroy buttons into the centers. I then spritzed each flower with tinted shimmer mist, front and back. Each flower was placed onto a leaf branch punched from the extra large 2 step bird punch.

The greeting comes from the new Well Scripted stamp set and was stamped in real red classic ink onto very vanilla card stock and punched it out using the wide oval punch. To create the scalloped border around the wide oval punch I punched 3 scalloped oval punches and cut them strategically to create this larger border shape.

For the second card I cut off about 1 from off the end kraft card stock and then used the scallop trim border punch to create the border. Then I took a 2" piece of whisper white card stock and punched it to also create a border that would fit underneath the border on the kraft card stock. Next I used whisper white craft ink to stamp the flower bouquet from the Messages for Mom stamp set. The F (friends) image is from Vintage Vogue also and I stamped that in Bermuda Bay onto Whisper White card stock. I then mounted that onto Soft Suede card stock and then again mounted that piece onto Bermuda Bay card stock. I stamped Vintage Vogue flowers onto Whisper white card stock and cut each flower out. Like the first card I pushed in clear rhinestone brads into the center of each of these flowers. They were also spritzed with shimmer mist. These flowers were mounted onto Soft Suede branches instead of green ones.

To finish it off I tied Bermuda Bay polka dot grosgrain ribbon.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week.

No comments: