Thursday, November 12, 2015

It's been a crazy year

After convention last year I came home to get my three girls ready to head back to school. We were busy with our Taekwondo classes and trying to establish a schedule, around here, that fit for everyone. Shortly after school began our 17 year old found out she was pregnant. Poor thing was scared, very ill and unsure what to do. We supported her throughout the entire process and now have a beautiful grandbaby to show for it.


She's almost 8 months old now and this photo was taken a few months ago but it's one of my favorite of her because of her big beautiful smile. She had a rough first 8 days but you wouldn't know by looking at her now.

When she was about 4 months old I finally had the time to do some of the things I missed doing. I've been working on stamping again and getting my stamp room organized and preparing for classes that I'd like to put up on my calendar. Keep an eye out for those to be posted soon. 

The past couple of weeks my upline has set out daily challenges for us to complete. For me the creative part of making cards has never been an issue, the real issue has been the "TIME." Who wouldn't want extra time in the day to do the things they love the most? I know I'm in that group of people. 

I have quite a few samples to share with you, over the next few weeks, already lined up to share so keep an eye out for them. I'm hoping to get back to doing this at least a few times a week because I really miss it. Thank you to those of you who have sent me messages on Facebook or who have texted and emailed me to check up on me over the past year. It's meant a lot. 

Here's one of my recent card samples. Since the month of November is the month where most take the time to be Thankful for the years worth of blessings I think a "Thank You" card is befitting, don't you?



I recently took a look through this years Idea Book and Catalog and came across this background stamp. Why didn't I see it before? I think it's partly because in this catalog not all of our background stamps are located in one place. You'll find this beauty on page 15. A World of Thanks (139315) goes with the F block (118483) If you prefer you can purchase this on a woodblock but I prefer most of my stamps in clear mount form for storage purposes. I know some of you know that I was born in Hawaii and the biggest reason why I got this stamp was because of the "Mahalo"on the stamp. I couldn't resist it. 

Yesterday I was challenged to create a card using Watermelon Wonder, Pool Party and Whisper White.

I used Whisper White card stock, Pool Party (PP) ink (126982), PP card stock (CS), Watermelon Wonder (WW) ink (138323), WW CS (138334), WW dotted lace trim (138425) and of course to get those nice ovals I used our Ovals Collection Framelits (129381)

Super cute, and super easy. I hope you are enjoying your Thursday, wherever you may be. 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!













No comments: